Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Informed consent: its history, meaning, and present challenges.Camb Q Healthc Ethics. 2011; 20: 515-523
- A review of surgical informed consent: past, present, and future. A quest to help patients make better decisions.World J Surg. 2010; 34: 1406-1415
- Informed consent: how much and what do patients understand?.Am J Surg. 2009; 198: 420-435
- Informed consent for elective and emergency surgery: questionnaire study.BJOG. 2004; 111: 1133-1138
- An investigation of women's involvement in the decision to deliver by caesarean section.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1999; 106: 213-220
- Women's involvement with the decision preceding their caesarean section and their degree of satisfaction.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1996; 103: 1074-1077
- Perspectives of expectant women and health care providers on birth plans.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 979-985
- Time from consent to cesarean delivery during labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209 (e1–6): 212
- Information shared with mothers prior to caesarean section: a national audit of compliance with recommended information.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2013; 33: 471-473
- Interventions to promote informed consent for patients undergoing surgical and other invasive healthcare procedures.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 7: CD009445
- Learning from experience: development of a cognitive task list to perform a safe and successful non-rotational forceps delivery.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015; 37: 589-597
- Written information about epidural analgesia for women in labour: did it improve knowledge?.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2003; 12: 93-97
- Assisting informed decision making for labour analgesia: a randomised controlled trial of a decision aid for labour analgesia versus a pamphlet.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010; 10: 15
- Evaluation of an information pamphlet for women considering epidural analgesia in labour.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2018; 40: 171-179
- Giving birth: a hermeneutic study of the expectations and experiences of healthy primigravid women in Switzerland.PLoS One. 2022; 17e0261902
- Informed consent for vaginal delivery: is it time to revisit the shared decision-making process?.J Reprod Med. 2016; 61: 153-158
- Vaginal delivery: an argument against requiring consent.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018; 58: 704-706
- Women's experiences of receiving information about and consenting or declining to participate in a randomized controlled trial involving episiotomy in vacuum-assisted delivery: a qualitative study.Trials. 2021; 22: 658
Disclosures: The authors declare they have nothing to disclose.
All authors have indicated they meet the journal’s requirements for authorship.