Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
Ely DM, Discoll AK. Infant mortality in the United States, 2017: data from the period linked birth/infant death file. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr68/nvsr68_10-508.pdf. Accessed on January 16, 2020.
- When is birthweight at term abnormally low? A systematic review and meta-analysis of the association and predictive ability of current birthweight standards for neonatal outcomes.BJOG Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 2014; 121: 515-526
- Cunningham FG Gant NF Leveno KJ Williams obstetrics. 21st ed. McGraw Hill, New York2001
- Infant mortality and weight at birth: 1960 United States birth cohort.Am J Pub Heal Nat Heal. 1969; 59: 1618-1628
- The influence of fetal and maternal factors on the distribution of birthweight.Semin Perinatol. 1995; 19: 222-240
- Intrauterine growth retardation: determinants of aberrant fetal growth.in: Farnoff AA Martin RJ Behrman's neonatal perinatal medicine: diseases of the fetuses and infant. 5th edition. Mosby Year Book, St. Louis1992
- Gender mix in twins and fetal growth, length of gestation and adult cancer risk.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2005; 19: 41-47
- Androgens and fetal growth study group, androgens and fetal growth.Horm Res Paediatr. 1998; 50: 243-244
- Reduced birth weight in boys with hypospadias: an index of androgen dysfunction?.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2002; 87 (150F–1)
- The assessment of fetal growth.BJOG Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 1968; 75: 903-916
- Does fetal sex affect pregnancy outcome?.Gend Med. 2007; 4: 19-30
James WH. Why are boys more likely to be preterm than girls? Plus other related conundrums in human reproduction: Opinion, Human Reproduction 2000;15:2108.
- Fetal gender and pregnancy outcome.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2010; 23: 338-344
- Global epidemiology of multiple birth.Reprod Biomed Online. 2007; 15: 45-52
Glinianaia SV, Skj R, Magnus P. Birthweight percentiles by gestational age in multiple births. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 79:450-458. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0412.2000.079006450.x
- Australian national birthweight percentiles by sex and gestational age for twins, 2001–2010.BMC Pediatr. 2015; 15: 148
- New population-based references for birth weight, length, and head circumference in singletons and twins from 23 to 43 gestation weeks.Ann Med. 2013; 45: 446-454
- Gender mix: does it modify birthweight - outcome association?.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2005; 19: 37-40
- The impact of gender on anthropometric measures of twins.Twin Res Hum Genet. 2016; 19: 652-658
- Birth size and gestational age in opposite-sex twins as compared to same-sex twins: an individual-based pooled analysis of 21 cohorts.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 6300
Loos RJF, Derom C, Eeckels R, et al. Length of gestation and birthweight in dizygotic twins. Lancet. 2001 Aug 18;358(9281):560-1. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(01)05716-6. PMID: 11520531.
- Effect of fetal sex on pregnancy outcome in twin pregnancies.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1085-1092
- Analysis of the effect of hormones on opposite-sex twin attitudes.Acta Genet Medicae Gemellol Twin Res. 1995; 44: 41-52
- Birth weight in opposite sex twins as compared to same sex dizygotic twins.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1993; 50: 95-98
- Gestation and birthweight in dizygotic twins.Lancet. 2002; 359: 171-172
- Excess males in preterm birth: interactions with gestational age, race, and multiple birth.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 88: 189-193
- Impact of fetal gender on the risk of preterm birth, a national cohort study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2016; 95: 1034-1041
Disclosures: The authors declare they have nothing to disclose.
All authors have indicated they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.