Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Appropriate technology for birth.Lancet. 1985; 2: 436-437
- Global epidemiology of use of and disparities in caesarean sections.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1341-1348
- The increasing trend in caesarean section rates: global, regional and national estimates: 1990–2014.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0148343
- Association between rising professional liability insurance premiums and primary cesarean delivery rates.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 1264-1269
- Obstetricians’ choice of cesarean delivery in ambiguous cases: is it influenced by risk attitude or fear of complaints and litigation?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 200 (48.e1–8)
- WHO statement on caesarean section rates.BJOG. 2016; 123: 667-670
- Maternal and neonatal individual risk and benefits associated with caesarean delivery: multicentre prospective study.BMJ. 2007; 335: 1025
- Caesarean section without medical indications is associated with an increased risk of adverse short-term maternal outcomes: the 2004–2008 WHO Global Survey on Maternal and Perinatal Health.BMC Med. 2010; 8: 71
- Short-term and long-term effects of caesarean section on the health of women and children.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1349-1357
- Methods of achieving and maintaining an appropriate caesarean section rate.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2013; 27: 297-308
- Systematic review of economic aspects of alternative modes of delivery.BJOG. 2001; 108: 149-157
- Inequities in the use of cesarean section deliveries in the world.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206 (331.e1–19)
- WHO statement on caesarean section rates.World Health Organization, Geneva2015
- Classifications for cesarean section: a systematic review.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e14566
- FIGO position paper: how to stop the caesarean section epidemic.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1286-1287
- Interventions to reduce unnecessary caesarean sections in healthy women and babies.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1358-1368
- Classification of caesarean sections.Fetal Matern Med Rev. 2001; 12: 23-39
- Robson classification: implementation manual.World Health Organization, Geneva2017
- A global reference for caesarean section rates (C-Model): a multicountry cross-sectional study.BJOG. 2016; 123: 427-436
Eustat. Basque Statistics Institute. Available at:http://en.eustat.eus/elementos/ele0005700/ti_Nacidos_vivos_y_tasa_de_natalidad_por_1000_habitantes_por_territorio_historico_1975-2018/tbl0005708_i.html. Accessed on August 20, 2020.
National Commission on Assisted Human Reproduction. Registro Nacional de actividad y resultados de los centros y servicios de Reproducción Humana Asistida. Available at:http://www.cnrha.mscbs.gob.es/registros/actividades.htm. Accessed on August 20, 2020.
- Maternal morbidity for vaginal and cesarean deliveries, according to previous cesarean history: new data from the birth certificate, 2013.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2015; 64: 1-14
- Fetal presentation and successful twin vaginal delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214 (116.e1–10)
- Survival rates and mode of delivery for vertex preterm neonates according to small or appropriate for gestational age status.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e1836-e1844
- The significance of base deficit in acidemic term neonates.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213 (373.e1–7)
- Apgar score and the risk of cause-specific infant mortality: a population-based cohort study.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1749-1755
- Cesarean delivery rates using Robson classification system in Ireland: what can we learn?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019; 236: 121-126
- Quality assurance: The 10-group classification system (Robson classification), induction of labor, and cesarean delivery.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2015; 131: S23-S27
- Emergency cesarean delivery for nonreassuring fetal heart rate tracings.Compliance with ACOG guidelines. J Reprod Med. 2003; 48: 975-981
Disclosures: The authors declare they have nothing to disclose.
All authors have indicated they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.