Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Obstetric aspects of hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.Early Hum Dev. 2010; 86: 339-344
- Epidemiology of neonatal encephalopathy and hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy.Early Hum Dev. 2010; 86: 329-338
- A systematic review of the role of intrapartum hypoxia-ischemia in the causation of neonatal encephalopathy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: 587-595
- Neonatal encephalopathy and neurologic outcome, second edition. Report of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ Task Force on Neonatal Encephalopathy.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 896-901
- Short and long term prognosis in perinatal asphyxia: an update.World J Clin Pediatr. 2016; 5: 67-74
- Cooling for newborns with hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 1CD003311
- Antepartum and intrapartum factors preceding neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: e952-e959
- A case-control study of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy in newborn infants at >36 weeks gestation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209 (29.e1–e19)
- Perinatal morbidity and risk of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy associated with intrapartum sentinel events.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206 (148.e1–e7)
- Maternal overweight and obesity and risks of severe birth-asphyxia-related complications in term infants: a population-based cohort study in Sweden.PLoS Med. 2014; 11e1001648
- Intrapartum factors associated with neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy: a case-controlled study.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017; 17: 415
- Ante- and intrapartum risk factors for neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018; 31: 1595-1601
Statistics Canada. 2016 community profiles. Available at: https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/prof/index.cfm?Lang=E. Accessed on December 13, 2019.
- An assessment of the validity of a computer system probabilistic record linkage of birth and infant death records in Canada.Chronic Dis Can. 2000; 21: 8-13
- Validation of perinatal data in the Discharge Abstract Database of the Canadian Institute for Health Information.Chronic Dis Can. 2009; 29: 96-100
- Neurodevelopmental outcomesafter hypothermia therapy in the era of Bayley-III.J Perinatol. 2014; 34: 629-633
- A new and improved population-based Canadian reference for birthweight for gestational age.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: 1-7
- Fetal health surveillance: antepartum and intrapartum consensus guideline. SOGC Clinical Practice Guideline #197.Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada, Ottawa2007
Palisano R, Rosenbaum P, Walter S, et al. Development and reliability of a system to classify gross motor function in children with cerebral palsy. Dev Med Child Neurol2997;39:214–23.
- Neonatal brain injuries in England: population-based incidence derived from routinely recorded clinical data held in the National Neonatal Research Database.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2018; 103: F301-F306
- Birth asphyxia: incidence, clinical course and outcome in a Swedish population.Acta Paediatr. 1995; 84: 927-932
- Birth asphyxia and hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, incidence and obstetric risk factors.Laeknabladid. 2007; 93: 595-601
- Perinatal asphyxia, hypoxic-ischemic encephalo-pathy and neurological sequelae in full-term newborns: an epidemiological study.Pediatr Neurol. 2006; 13: 61-64
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy in newborns linked to placental and umbilical cord abnormalities.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016; 29: 721-726
- Durations of second stage labor and pushing, and adverse neonatal outcomes: a population-based cohort study.J Perinatol. 2017; 37: 236-242
- Obstetric emergencies as antecedents to neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, does parity matter?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2018; 97: 1396-1404
- Intrapartum fetal surveillance.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2016; 30: 1-2
- Contributory factors and potentially avoidable neonatal encephalopathy associated with perinatal asphyxia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214 (747.e1–8)
- Neonatal outcomes after introduction of a national intrapartum fetal surveillance education program:a retrospective cohort study.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2017; 30: 1777-1781
- Pattern of brain injury and depressed heart rate variability in newborns with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.Pediatr Res. 2017; 82: 438-443
- No. 197c-maintaining standards in antenatal and intrapartum fetal surveillance: quality improvement and risk management.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2018; 40: e353-e358
- Outcomes of preterm infants treated with hypothermia for hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy.Early Hum Dev. 2018; 125: 1-7
Disclosures: The project was funded by the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dalhousie University.
All authors have indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.
This project was presented in part at the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference, 2019.