Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Alcohol use disorders in pregnancy.Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2015; 23: 112-121
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: a guideline for diagnosis across the lifespan.CMAJ. 2016; 188: 191-197
Public Health Agency of Canada. About fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD). Available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/fetal-alcohol-spectrum-disorder/about.html. Accessed November 17, 2018.
- Prevalence of alcohol consumption during pregnancy and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders among the general and Aboriginal populations in Canada and the United States.Eur J Med Genet. 2017; 60: 32-48
- What mothers say: the Canadian Maternity Experiences Survey.2009 (Available at:)Accessed November 17, 2018)
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. Knowledge and attitudes of health professionals about fetal alcohol syndrome: results from a national survey.2005 (Available at:)Accessed November 17, 2018)
- Alcohol use and pregnancy consensus clinical guidelines.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2010; 32: S1-S31
- Validation of the theoretical domains framework for use in behaviour change and implementation research.Implement Sci. 2012; 7: 37
- Barriers and strategies in guideline implementation.Healthcare. 2016; 4: 36
- A new model of adoption of clinical practice guidelines.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2007; 13: 605-611
- Getting the word out: new approaches for disseminating public health science.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2018; 24: 102-111
- Screening for alcohol and drug use disorders among adults in primary care: a review.Subst Abuse Rehabil. 2012; 3: 25-34
- Alcohol alert. Number 66.2005 (Rockville, MD. Available at:)Accessed November 17, 2018)
- The role of screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment in the perinatal period.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 539-547
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment: implications of SAMHSA's SBIRT initiative for substance abuse policy and practice.Addiction. 2017; 112: 110-117
- Interventions delivered during antenatal care to reduce alcohol consumption during pregnancy: a systematic review.Addict Res Theory. 2011; 19: 235-250
- Preconceptual motivational interviewing to reduce alcohol-exposed pregnancy risk.J Subst Abuse Treat. 2013; 44: 407-416
- Improving screening for alcohol use during pregnancy: the Massachusetts ASAP program.Matern Child Health J. 2004; 8: 137-147
- Identifying hazardous alcohol consumption during pregnancy: implementing a research-based model in real life.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2006; 85: 657-662
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention C. CHOICES as a program to prevent alcohol-exposed pregnancies. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/choices-program-prevent-alcohol-exposed-pregnancies.html. Accessed November 17, 2018.
- Integrating screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) into clinical practice settings: a brief review.J Psychoactive Drugs. 2012; 44: 307-317
- Despite 2009 guidelines few women report being counseled correctly about weight gain during pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: 333.e1-333.e6
- Little congruence between health care provider and patient perceptions of counselling on gestational weight gain.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2012; 34: 518-524
Disclosures: This research was supported by a Public Health Agency of Canada contribution agreement.
All authors have indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.