Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Vaginal birth after cesarean: new insights.Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep). 2010; : 1-397
- Risk of severe maternal morbidity associated with cesarean delivery and the role of maternal age: a population-based propensity score analysis.CMAJ. 2019; 191: E352-EE60
- Interventions to reduce unnecessary caesarean sections in healthy women and babies.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1358-1368
- WHO recommendations: non-clinical interventions to reduce unnecessary caesarean sections.WHO, Geneva2018
- WHO statement on caesarean section rates.BJOG. 2016; 123: 667-670
- ACOG practice bulletin no. 184: vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: e217-ee33
- Perinatal health indicators for Canada.Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa2017
- No. 382—trial of labour after caesarean.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2019; 41: 992-1011
- Childbirth indicators by place of residence.Canadian Institute for Health Information, Ottawa2019
- Examining caesarean section rates in Canada using the Robson classification system.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 206-214
- Mode of delivery after a previous cesarean birth, and associated maternal and neonatal morbidity.CMAJ. 2018; 190: E556-EE64
- Non-clinical interventions that increase the uptake and success of vaginal birth after caesarean section: a systematic review.J Adv Nurs. 2011; 67: 1662-1676
- Evidence-based strategies for reducing cesarean section rates: a meta-analysis.Birth. 2007; 34: 53-64
- Improving maternal & neonatal outcomes: toolkit for reducing cesarean deliveries.Center for Evidence-Based Policy, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR2013
- Clinician-centred interventions to increase vaginal birth after caesarean section (VBAC): a systematic review.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2015; 15: 16
- Audit and feedback using the Robson classification to reduce caesarean section rates: a systematic review.BJOG. 2018; 125: 36-42
Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada. Vaginal birth after caesarean section. Available at: https://www.pregnancyinfo.ca/birth/delivery/vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/. Accessed on March 10, 2017.
- Vaginal birth after caesarean and planned repeat caesarean birth.2010 (Available at:)Accessed on March 24, 2017)
- Thinking about VBAC: deciding what's right for me.2015 (Available at:)Accessed on March 24, 2017)
- Birth options after previous caesarean section.2016 (Available at:)https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/patients/patient-information-leaflets/pregnancy/pi-birth-options-after-previous-caesarean-section.pdf(Accessed on March 26, 2017)
- SOGC clinical practice guidelines. Guidelines for vaginal birth after previous caesarean birth. Number 155 (replaces guideline Number 147), February 2005.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2005; 89: 319-331
- Trial of labor versus repeat cesarean: are patients making an informed decision?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207 (e1–6): 204
- Previous cesarean delivery: understanding and satisfaction with mode of delivery in a subsequent pregnancy in patients participating in a formal vaginal birth after cesarean counseling program.Am J Perinatol. 2005; 22: 217-221
- Informational factors influencing patient's childbirth preferences after prior cesarean.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: e14-e16
Disclosures: This work received support from the Sinai Health System Quality Improvement Project Competition Grant to create the patient educational videos.
All authors have indicated they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.