Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- National, regional, and worldwide estimates of preterm birth rates in the year 2010 with time trends since 1990 for selected countries: a systematic analysis and implications.Lancet. 2012; 379: 2162-2172
Canadian Institute for Health Information. Too Early, Too Small: A Profile of Small Babies Across Canada. Available at: https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/too_early_too_small_en.pdf. Accessed on March 1, 2018.
- Progress report. Committing to child survival: a promise renewed.UNICEF, New York2014
- Epidemiology and causes of preterm birth.Lancet. 2008; 371: 75-84
- The preterm prediction study: fetal fibronectin testing and spontaneous preterm birth.NICHD Maternal Fetal Medicine Units Network. Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 643-648
- The oncofetal structure of human fibronectin defined by monoclonal antibody FDC-6. Unique structural requirement for the antigenic specificity provided by a glycosylhexapeptide.J Biol Chem. 1988; 263: 3314-3322
- Insulin-like growth factors in obstetrics.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 12: 163-168
- Prediction and early detection of preterm labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 101: 402-412
- Cervicovaginal fetal fibronectin as a marker for preterm delivery: a meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 1169-1176
- Fetal fibronectin in cervical and vaginal secretions as a predictor of preterm delivery.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 669-674
- The presence of cervical and vaginal fetal fibronectin predicts preterm delivery in an inner-city obstetric population.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 169: 798-804
- Fetal fibronectin as a predictor of preterm birth in patients with symptoms: a multicenter trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 177: 13-18
- Factors affecting decidual IGFBP-1 levels in the vagina and cervix in the first and mid-second trimester of pregnancy.BJOG. 2009; 116: 45-54
- Cervical phosphorylated insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 test for the prediction of preterm birth: a systematic review and metaanalysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 57-73
- Preterm labour.Obstetric Guideline. 2005; (Available at:) (Accessed on March 1, 2018)
- The effect of fetal fibronectin testing on admissions to a tertiary maternal-fetal medicine unit and cost savings.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 182: 439-442
- Post-policy implementation review of rapid fetal fibronectin (fFN) testing for preterm labour in Alberta.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016; 38 (659–66.e656)
Disclosures: The study was supported by the Department of Laboratory Medicine, Pathology, and Medical Genetics (Vancouver Island Health Authority) and Specialist Services Committee Physician Quality Improvement Initiative (Doctors of BC).
All authors have indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.