Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- AMEE guide no. 14: outcome-based education: part 1-an introduction to outcome-based education.Med Teach. 1999; 21 (1): 7-14
- Competency-based medical education in postgraduate medical education.Med Teach. 2010; 32: 651-656
- Obstetrics and gynecology milestones.J Grad Med Educ. 2014; 6: 126-128
- Assessment of competence and progressive independence in postgraduate clinical training.Med Educ. 2009; 43: 1156-1165
- A core components framework for evaluating implementation of competency-based medical education programs.Acad Med. 2019; 94: 1002
- Entrustability scales: outlining their usefulness for competency-based clinical assessment.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 186-190
- Curriculum reform for residency training: competence, change, and opportunities for leadership.J Anaesth. 2016; 63: 875-884
- Direct Observation of clinical skills feedback scale: development and validity evidence.Teach Learn Med. 2016; 28: 385-394
- Workplace-based assessment as an educational tool: AMEE guide no. 31.Med Teach. 2007; 29: 855-871
- The role of assessment in competency-based medical education.Med Teach. 2010; 32: 676-682
- Assessing the quality of supervisors’ completed clinical evaluation reports.Med Educ. 2008; 42: 816-822
- Hedging to save face: a linguistic analysis of written comments on in-training evaluation reports.Adv Health Sci Educ. 2016; 21: 175-188
- Guidelines: the do's, don'ts and don't knows of feedback for clinical education.Perspect Med Educ. 2015; 4: 284-299
- Factors influencing the educational impact of Mini-CEX and DOPS: a qualitative synthesis.Med Teach. 2018; 40: 414-420
- State of the science in health professional education: effective feedback.Med Educ. 2010; 44: 101-108
- Competence by Design.Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Ottawa2019 (Available at:)http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/cbd/competence-by-design-cbd-eDate accessed: November 4, 2019
- Government of Canada Interagency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics.Government of Canada, Ottawa2016 (Available at:)http://www.pre.ethics.gc.ca/eng/policy-politique_tcps2-eptc2_2018.htmlDate accessed: November 4, 2019
- Generic qualitative approaches: pitfalls and benefits of methodological mixology.Int J Qual Methods. 2014; 13: 37-52
- CBD and Assessment.Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Ottawa2019 (Available at:)http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/cbd/cbd-assessment-eDate accessed: November 4, 2019
- The Mini-CEX (Clinical Evaluation Exercise): a preliminary investigation.Ann Intern Med. 1995; 123: 795
- Failure to fail: the perspectives of clinical supervisors.Acad Med. 2005; 80: S84-S87
- Comparison of male vs female resident milestone evaluations by faculty during emergency medicine residency training.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 651-657
- Gender differences in attending physicians’ feedback to residents: a qualitative analysis.J Grad Med Educ. 2017; 9: 577-585
- Examining gender bias in the feedback shared with family medicine residents.Educ Prim Care. 2017; 28: 319-324
- Performance is in the eye of the beholder.Med Educ. 2019; 53: 759-762
- Impact of duty hour limitations on resident and student education in obstetrics and gynecology.J Reprod Med. 2007; 52: 345-348
- The 80-hour workweek restriction: how are OB/GYN resident procedure numbers affected?.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2006; 19 (1): 791-796
Disclosures: The authors declare they have nothing to disclose.
Each author has indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.
All or parts of the data within this article have been presented at the Canadian Conference for Medical Education, the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, and the International Conference on Residency Education. This article represents a complete and holistic analysis of the data collected.