Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- The global epidemiology of adolescents living with HIV: time for more granular data to improve adolescent health outcomes.Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2018; 13: 170-178
Panel on Treatment of HIV-Infected Pregnant Women and Prevention of Perinatal Transmission. Recommendations for Use of Antiretroviral Drugs in Pregnant HIV-1-Infected Women for Maternal Health and Interventions to Reduce Perinatal HIV Transmission in the United States. Available at:http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/lvguidelines/PerinatalGL.pdf. Accessed July 9, 2019.
- The need for pediatric formulations to treat children with HIV.AIDS Res Treat. 2016; 20161654938
- Palatability, adherence and prescribing patterns of antiretroviral drugs for children with human immunodeficiency virus infection in Canada.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2011; 20: 1246-1252
- Suboptimal viral suppression rates among HIV-infected children in low- and middle-income countries: a meta-analysis.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 63: 1645-1654
- Adherence to treatment in adolescents.Paediatr Child Health. 2008; 13: 19-24
- Prevalence and change in psychiatric disorders among perinatally HIV-infected and HIV-exposed youth.AIDS Care. 2012; 24: 953-962
- Behavioral health risks in perinatally HIV-exposed youth: co-occurrence of sexual and drug use behavior, mental health problems, and nonadherence to antiretroviral treatment.AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2011; 25: 413-422
- Neurodevelopment in perinatally HIV-infected children: a concern for adolescence.J Int AIDS Soc. 2013; 16: 18603
- The young and the resistant: HIV-infected adolescents at the time of transfer to adult care.J Pediatr Infect Dis Soc. 2013; 2: 382-385
- Comparison of pregnancies between perinatally and sexually HIV-infected women: an observational study at an urban hospital.Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 2013301763
- Pregnancy and childbirth outcomes among adolescent mothers: a World Health Organization multicountry study.BJOG. 2014; 121: 40-48
- Preterm birth in the United States: the impact of stressful life events prior to conception and maternal age.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: S73-S80
- Transition of youth living with HIV from pediatric to adult care in Canada: past, present, and future.Can J Infect Dis. 2014; 25 (Abstract P072)
- Canadian Pediatric AIDS Research Group (CPARG). A national review of vertical HIV transmission.AIDS. 2012; 26: 757-763
Agence Nationale de Recherche sur le SIDA, 2011 HIV-Resistance Interpretation Algorithm. Available online at http://www.hivfrenchresistance.orgtab2011-05.html. Accessed October 29, 2019.
- Health outcomes and the transition experience of HIV-infected adolescents after transfer to adult care in Québec, Canada.BMC Pediatr. 2016; 16: 109
Tassiopoulos K, Huo Y, Patel K, et al. Pediatric HIV/AIDS Cohort Study (PHACS). Healthcare transition outcomes among young adults with perinatally-acquired HIV infection in the United States [e-pub ahead of print]. Clin Infect Dis. https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciz747. Accessed October 10, 2019.
- Behaviorally and perinatally HIV-infected young women: targets for preconception counseling.AIDS Care. 2017; 29: 372-377
- Pregnancy outcomes in young women with perinatally acquired human immunodeficiency virus-1.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 200 (149.e1–5)
- Reproductive health of adolescent girls perinatally infected with HIV.Am J Public Health. 2007; 97: 1047-1052
- The second-generation of HIV-1 vertically exposed infants: a case series from the Italian register for paediatric HIV infection.BMC Infect Dis. 2014; 14: 277
- pregnancy incidence and outcomes in women with perinatal HIV infection.AIDS. 2017; 31: 1745-1754
- Pregnancy outcomes in young mothers with perinatally and behaviorally acquired HIV infections in Rio de Janeiro.Braz J Infect Dis. 2018; 22: 412-417
- Selective vertical transmission of HIV-1 antiretroviral resistance mutations.AIDS. 1998; 12: 2281-2288
- Antiretroviral resistance in viral isolates from HIV-1-transmitting mothers and their infants.AIDS. 2006; 20: 1707-1712
- Perinatal transmission of multidrug-resistant HIV-1 despite viral suppression on an enfuvirtide-based treatment regimen.AIDS. 2005; 19: 989-990
- Selective transmission of multidrug resistant HIV to newborn related to poor maternal adherence.Sex Transm Infect. 2003; 79: 419-421
- Vertical transmission of HIV-1 variants resistant to reverse transcriptase and protease inhibitors.Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 2738-2739
- A meta-analysis assessing all-cause mortality in HIV-exposed uninfected compared with HIV-unexposed uninfected infants and children.AIDS. 2016; 30: 2351-2360
- Editorial commentary: new challenges in the elimination of pediatric HIV infection: the expanding population of HIV-exposed but uninfected children.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 60: 1357-1360
- Growth patterns in the first year of life differ in infants born to perinatally vs. nonperinatally HIV-infected women.AIDS. 2015; 29: 111-116
This work has been presented in part at the following scientific conferences: International AIDS Conference (AIDS), July 2018, Amsterdam, the Netherlands (poster presentation, THPEB137); and International Congress of Pediatrics (IPA), August 2016, Vancouver, British Columbia (oral abstract presentation).
Competing interests: See Acknowledgements.
The authors have indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.