Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). Inpatient Hospitalization, Surgeries and Childbirth Indicators 2012-2013. Ottawa: CIHI. Available at: https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/CAD_Hospitalization_Childbirth_Infosheet_ENweb.pdf. Accessed on August 22, 2019.
- Inpatient hysterectomy surveillance in the United States, 2000-2004.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198 (e1–7): 34
- Sexual functioning after total compared with supracervical hysterectomy: a randomized trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 1309-1318
- Hysterectomy improves quality of life and decreases psychiatric symptoms: a prospective and randomised comparison of total versus subtotal hysterectomy.BJOG. 2004; 111: 1115-1120
- The quality of life in women suffering from gynecological disorders is improved by means of hysterectomy. Absolute and relative differences between pre- and postoperative measures.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2001; 80: 46-51
- Quality of life and cost-effectiveness of levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system versus hysterectomy for treatment of menorrhagia: a randomised trial.Lancet. 2001; 357: 273-277
- Ulipristal acetate versus leuprolide acetate for uterine fibroids.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 421-432
- A randomised trial of endometrial ablation versus hysterectomy for the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding: outcome at four years.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1999; 106: 1002
- Uterine artery embolization versus hysterectomy in the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids (EMMY trial): peri- and postprocedural results from a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1618-1629
- Embolization versus myomectomy versus hysterectomy: which is best, when?.Hum Reprod. 2002; 17: 253-259
- Regret following female sterilization at a young age: a systematic review.Contraception. 2006; 73: 205-210
- A prospective study of 3 years of outcomes after hysterectomy with and without oophorectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 711-717
- Hysterectomy and loss of fertility: implications for women's mental health.J Psychosom Res. 2007; 63: 269-274
- Validation of a decision regret scale.Med Decis Making. 2003; 23: 281-292
- Routes of hysterectomy in women with benign uterine disease in the Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care regions: a retrospective cohort analysis.CMAJ Open. 2014; 2: E273-E280
This work was previously presented as a conference abstract at (1) the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference in Ottawa, July 2017 and (2) the AAGL Global Congress in Washington, DC, November 2016.
Competing Interests: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
The authors have indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.