Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Drivers of maternity care in high-income countries: can health systems support woman-centred care?.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2282-2295
- Preventing Infant Death and Injury During Delivery. The Joint Commission.Published 2004 (Updated July 21, 2004. Available at:)Accessed on November 26, 2018)
- Transforming communication and safety culture in intrapartum care: a multi-organization blueprint.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2015; 60: 237-243
- Malpractice risk according to physician specialty.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 629-636
- Effect of fear of litigation on obstetric care: a nationwide analysis on obstetric practice.Am J Perinatol. 2011; 28: 277-284
- AHRQ Quality Indicators™ (AHRQ QI™) ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS specification enhanced version 5.0.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD2015
- Improved hospital safety performance and reduced medicolegal risk: an ecological study using 2 Canadian databases.CMAJ Open. 2018; 6: E561-E566
Obstetrics services in canada: advancing quality and strengthening safety. Ottawa: Accreditation Canada, the Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada, the Canadian Medical Protective Association, Salus Global Corporation; 2016.
- A framework for safe, reliable, effective care. White paper.Insitute for Healthcare Improvement and Safe & Reliable Healthcare, Cambridge, MA2017
- High reliability perinatal units: an approach to the prevention of patient injury and medical malpractice claims.J Healthc Risk Manag. 1999; 19: 24-32
- The breakthrough series: IHI's collaborative model for achieving breakthrough improvement.Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, MA2003
- Relections on the Canadian MORE(OB) obstetrical risk management programme.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2013; 27: 563-569
- Safety climate survey. Technical report 03-03.University of Texas Center of Excellence for Patient Safety Research and Practice, Austin, TX2003
- Promoting a culture of safety as a patient safety strategy: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 369-374
- NSH sustainability model and guide.National Health Service Institute for Innovation and Improvement, London2010 (https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources/Sustainability-model-and-guide/)
Calder LA, Yang Q, Gondocz T, et al. Developing quality improvement indicators for a patient safety program in obstetrics. Poster presented at: Perinatal Services BC's 3rd Biennial Healthy Mothers and Healthy Babies Conference; March 1-2, 2018; Vancouver, BC. Available at: http://interprofessional.ubc.ca/files/2018/02/HMHB2018_Syllabus.pdf. Abstract P01. Accessed on 23 April 2019.
- Failure to rescue: implications for evaluating quality of care during labor and birth.J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2005; 19: 24-34
- Era 3 for medicine and health care.JAMA. 2016; 315: 1329-1330
Competing interests: See Acknowledgements.
Each author has indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.