Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
Pew Research Center. Health Fact Sheet. 2013. Available at: https://www.pewinternet.org/2013/01/15/health-online-2013/. Accessed on November 12, 2016.
- Surveys of physicians and electronic health information.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 859-860
- The online health care revolution.Pew Research Center, 2000 (Available at:)http://www.pewinternet.org/2000/11/26/the-online-health-care-revolution/Date accessed: February 21, 2018
- Quality and accuracy of sexual health information web sites visited by young people.J Adolesc Health. 2010; 47: 206-208
- Accuracy of information about the intrauterine device on the Internet.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214 (e491–6): 499
- Quality of online health information about oral contraceptives from Hebrew-language websites.Isr J Health Policy Res. 2012; 1: 38
- Women's information-seeking behavior after receiving contraceptive versus noncontraceptive prescriptions.Contraception. 2013; 87: 824-829
- Disparities in rates of unintended pregnancy in the United States, 1994 and 2001.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2006; 38: 90-96
- Factors associated with contraceptive choice and inconsistent method use, United States, 2004.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2008; 40: 94—104
- No. 329-Canadian contraception consensus part 4 of 4 chapter 9: combined hormonal contraception.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2017; 39 (e225): 229-268
- Over-the-Internet availability of hormonal contraceptives regardless of risk factors.Contraception. 2006; 73: 372-375
- Canadian contraception consensus (part 1 of 4).J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015; 37: 936-942
- Over-the-counter access to oral contraceptives.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2015; 42: 619-629
- Disparities in knowledge and interest about benefits and risks of combined oral contraceptives.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2011; 16: 183-193
- Google still world's most popular search engine by far, but share of unique searchers dips slightly.Search Engine Land, 2013 (Available at:)https://searchengineland.com/google-worlds-most-popular-search-engine-148089Date accessed: February 21, 2018
- Optimal search engine marketing strategy.Int J Electron Commerce. 2005; 10: 9-25
- Canadian contraception consensus.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2004; 26 (389-436): 347-387
- Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use.5th ed. Publications of the World Health Organization, Geneva2015 (Available at:)http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/181468/1/9789241549158_eng.pdf?ua=1Date accessed: February 21, 2018
- Contraceptive technology.20th ed. Bridging the Gap Communications, New York2011
- Derivation of new readability formulas (Automated Readability Index, Fog Count and Flesch Reading Ease Formula) for Navy enlisted personnel.Naval Air Station, Memphis, TN1975
- DISCERN: an instrument for judging the quality of written consumer health information on treatment choices.J Epidemiol Community Health. 1999; 53: 105-111
- Assessing, controlling, and assuring the quality of medical information on the Internet: caveant lector et viewor–let the reader and viewer beware.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1244-1245
Health on the Net Foundation. HONcode. 2013. Available at: https://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Patients/Conduct.html. Accessed on February 21, 2018.
- Quality of Internet information related to the Mediterranean diet.Public Health Nutr. 2012; 15: 885-893
- Compliance, counseling and satisfaction with oral contraceptives: a prospective evaluation.Fam Plann Perspect. 1998; 30 (104): 89-92
- Effect of missed combined hormonal contraceptives on contraceptive effectiveness: a systematic review.Contraception. 2013; 87: 685-700
- Beyond reading level: a systematic review of the suitability of cancer education print and Web-based materials.J Cancer Educ. 2010; 25: 497-505
- Report of the National Work Group on Literacy and Health.J Fam Pract. 1998; 46: 168-176
- Promotion and marketing of bioidentical hormone therapy on the internet: a content analysis of websites.Menopause. 2017; 24: 1129-1135
Competing interests: See Acknowledgements.
Each author has indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.