Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Fetal health surveillance: antepartum and intrapartum consensus guideline.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2007; 29: S3-56
- The 2008 National Institute of Child Health and Human Development workshop report on electronic fetal monitoring: update on definitions, interpretation, and research guidelines.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 661-666
- The 5-tier system of assessing fetal heart rate tracings is superior to the 3-tier system in identifying fetal acidemia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206 (e1–5): 226
- Association and prediction of neonatal acidemia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207 (e1–8): 206
- Are we (mis)guided by current guidelines on intrapartum fetal heart rate monitoring? Case for a more physiological approach to interpretation.BJOG. 2014; 121: 1063-1070
- Elevated uterine activity increases the risk of fetal acidosis at birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196 (e1–6): 313
- Acidemia at birth, related to obstetric characteristics and to oxytocin use, during the last two hours of labor.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008; 87: 745-750
- Acidemia at birth in the vigorous infant as a trigger incident to assess intrapartum care with regard to CTG patterns.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013; 26: 1094-1098
- Predictive value of electronic fetal monitoring for intrapartum fetal asphyxia with metabolic acidosis.Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 93: 285-291
- Diagnostic accuracy of the FIGO and the 5-tier fetal heart rate classification systems in the detection of neonatal acidemia.Am J Perinatol. 2017; 34: 508-514
- Report of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ Task Force on Neonatal Encephalopathy.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 896-901
Competing interests: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
Both authors have indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.
Presented at the Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine's 38th Annual Pregnancy Meeting, Dallas, Texas, January 29 to February 3, 2018 (Poster #123).