Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Global and regional estimates of pre-eclampsia and eclampsia: a systematic review.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013; 170: 1-7
- Diagnosis, evaluation, and management of the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2008; 30: S1-S2
- Factors associated with patient understanding of pre-eclampsia.Hypertens Pregnancy. 2012; 31: 341-349
Cavkaytar S, Ugurlu EN, Karaer A, et al. Are clinical symptoms more predictive than laboratory parameters for adverse maternal outcome in HELLP syndrome? Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand2007;86:648–51.
Chames MC, Livingston JC, Ivester TS, et al. Late postpartum eclampsia: a preventable disease? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002;186:1174–7.
- Instituting surveillance guidelines and adverse outcomes in pre-eclampsia.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 121-127
- Eclampsia in Sweden, 1976-1980.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1986; 65: 307-314
- Is eclampsia preventable? A case control review of consecutive cases from an urban underserved region.South Med J. 2004; 97: 440-445
- Risk factors for abruptio placentae and eclampsia: analysis of 445 consecutively managed women with severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 1322-1329
- Women's experiences of pre-eclampsia: Australian action on pre-eclampsia survey of women and their confidants.J Pregnancy. 2011; 375: 653
- Dietary and fluid compliance: an educational intervention for patients having haemodialysis.J Adv Nurs. 2010; 66: 60-68
- Advocacy organisations as partners in pre-eclampsia progress: patient involvement improves outcomes.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2011; 25: 523-536
- Media and memory: the efficacy of video and print materials for promoting patient education about asthma.Patient Educ Couns. 2010; 80: 393-398
- Strategies to prevent eclampsia in a developing country: II.Use of a maternal pictorial card. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004; 87: 295-300
- Better disease specific patient knowledge is associated with greater anxiety in inflammatory bowel disease.J Crohn Colitis. 2013; 7: e214-e218
- Web-based education for placental complications of pregnancy.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 334-339
- The impact of an educational pamphlet on knowledge and anxiety in women with pre-eclampsia.Obstet Med. 2008; 1: 11-17
- Improving patient understanding of pre-eclampsia: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206 (.e1–5): 431
This study was the object of an oral research presentation at the North American Society of Obstetric Medicine annual meeting in Banff, Alberta, on November 14–15 2015.
Competing interests: See Acknowledgements.
Each author has indicated that they meet the journal's requirements for authorship.