Abbreviations:ERCS (elective repeat Caesarean section), GA (gestational age), NL (Newfoundland and Labrador), PPNL (Perinatal Program Newfoundland and Labrador), SVD (spontaneous vaginal delivery), TOLAC (trial of labour after Caesarian section)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Health Indicators Interactive Tool Health Indicators 2016: Caesarean section.(Available at)http://yourhealthsystem.cihi.ca/epub/Date accessed: November 22, 2016
- Examining caesarean section rates in Canada using the Robson classification system.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 206-214
- Preventable obstetrical interventions: how many caesarean sections can be prevented in Canada?.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 434-443
- Highlights of 2011–2012 selected indicators describing birthing process in Canada.(Available at)https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/Childbirth_Highlights_2011-12_EN.pdfDate: 2014Date accessed: April 17, 2017
- Guidelines for vaginal birth after previous caesarean birth [SOGC clinical practice guideline no 155].J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2005; 27: 164-174
- The MFMU Cesarean Registry: factors affecting the success of trial of labor after previous cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1016-1023
- Vaginal birth after Caesarean section: review of antenatal predictors of success.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2003; 25: 275-286
- Safety and success of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery in patients with preeclampsia.Am J Perinatol. 2006; 23: 145-152
- Development of a nomogram for prediction of vaginal birth after cesarean.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 806-812
- Validation of a prediction model for vaginal birth after caesarean.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 119-124
- How do good candidates for trial of labor after cesarean (TOLAC) who undergo elective repeat cesarean differ from those who choose TOLAC?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 208 (e1-6): 458
- Trial of labor versus repeat cesarean: are patients making an informed decision?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207 (e1-6): 204
- Comparing rates of trial of labour attempts, VBAC success, and fetal and maternal complications among family physicians and obstetricians.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2008; 30: 123-128
- 2006 Census of Population, Community Profiles—St. John's Census metropolitan area, Newfoundland and Labrador.(Available at)http://www12.statcan.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/prof/92-591/details/page.cfm?Lang=EDate: 2007Date accessed: May 21, 2017
- Current and predicted prevalence of obesity in Canada: a trend analysis.CMAJ Open. 2014; 2: E18-E26
Competing interests: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.