Abbreviation:GAOTP (Global Assessment of Obstetric Team Performance), GRS (Global Rating Scale), NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), PETRA (Perinatal Emergency Team Response Assessment)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Saving mothers' lives. Reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer: 2006-2008.BJOG. 2011; 118 (discussion 3–4): 1402-1403
- Saving mothers' lives: the 2006-8 anaesthesia perspective.Br J Anaesth. 2011; 107: 119-122
The Joint Commission: Sentinal Event Data Root Causes by Event Type 2004-2014. Oakbrook Terrace, IL: The Joint Commission. Available at: http://www.tsigconsulting.com/tolcam/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/TJC-Sentinel-Event-Root_Causes_by_Event_Type_2004-2014.pdf. Accessed on May 15, 2015.
- Non-technical skills in the intensive care unit.Br J Anaesth. 2006; 96: 551-559
- Rating non-technical skills: developing a behavioural marker system for use in anaesthesia.Cogn Tech Work. 2004; 6: 165-171
- The mayo high performance teamwork scale: reliability and validity for evaluating key crew resource management skills.Simul Healthc. 2007; 2: 4-10
- Anaesthetists' Non-Technical Skills (ANTS): evaluation of a behavioural marker system.Br J Anaesth. 2003; 90: 580-588
- Surgeons' non-technical skills in the operating room: reliability testing of the NOTSS behavior rating system.World J Surg. 2008; 32: 548-556
- A pilot study using high-fidelity simulation to formally evaluate performance in the resuscitation of critically ill patients: the University of Ottawa Critical Care Medicine, High-Fidelity Simulation, and Crisis Resource Management I Study.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 2167-2174
- Observational Skill-based Clinical Assessment tool for Resuscitation (OSCAR): development and validation.Resuscitation. 2011; 82: 835-844
- Rating medical emergency teamwork performance: development of the Team Emergency Assessment Measure (TEAM).Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 446-452
- Using the Communication and Teamwork Skills (CATS) Assessment to measure health care team performance.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2007; 33: 549-558
- Multidisciplinary team training in a simulation setting for acute obstetric emergencies: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 1021-1031
Onwochei D, Halpern S, Balki M. Teamwork assessment tools in obstetric emergencies: A systematic review [e-pub ahead of print]. Simul Healthc http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0000000000000210. Accessed on December 22, 2016.
- Measuring teamwork and conflict among emergency medical technician personnel.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2012; 16: 98-108
- Does teamwork improve performance in the operating room? A multilevel evaluation.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2010; 36: 133-142
- An experimental study of group opinion: the Delphi method.Futures. 1969; 1: 408-426
- The Delphi technique: myths and realities.J Adv Nurs. 2003; 41: 376-382
- Group techniques for program planning: a guide to nominal groups and Delphi process.Scott Foresman Company, Glenview, IL1975
- The Delphi technique: making sense of consensus.Pract Assess Res Eval. 2007; 12 (Available at http://pareonline.net/pdf/v12n10.pdf. Accessed on September 15, 2013): 1-8
- Validation of a tool to measure and promote clinical teamwork.Simul Healthc J Soc Med Simul. 2008; 3: 217-223
- Determination of the psychometric properties of a behavioural marking system for obstetrical team training using high-fidelity simulation.BMJ Qual Saf. 2012; 21: 78-82
- Evaluating teamwork in a simulated obstetric environment.Anesthesiology. 2007; 106: 907-915
- An exploration of the use of simple statistics to measure consensus and stability in Delphi studies.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2007; 7: 52
- Consensus conference.in: Kirch W. Encyclopedia of public health. Springer, The Netherlands2008: 156
- The consensus group technique in social research.Field Methods. 2001; 13: 277-290
- Consensus-oriented decision-Making: the CODM model for facilitating groups to widespread agreement.New Society Publishing, Gabriola Island, BC2010
- Nominal group technique: an effective method for obtaining group consensus.Int J Nurs Pract. 2012; 18: 188-194
- Multidisciplinary teamwork and communication training.Semin Perinatol. 2011; 35: 89-96
- Impact of the Liaison Committee on medical education requirements for emergency medicine education at U.S. Schools of Medicine.Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12: 1003-1009
- Toward a theory of situation awareness in dynamic systems.Hum Factors Ergon Soc. 1995; 37: 32-64
- Decision making, situation awareness, and communication skills in the operating room.Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2013; 51: 105-127
Balki M, Hoppe D, Monks D, et al. The PETRA (Perinatal Emergency Team Response Assessment) scale: A high-fidelity simulation validation study. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. In press.
Competing interests: See Acknowledgements