Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada
- Proceed with care. Final report of the Royal Commission on New Reproductive Technologies (RCNRT). Vols. 1-2. Ministry of Supply and Services, ON, Ottawa1993
Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society and Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada. Joint policy statement: ethical issues in assisted reproduction. Available at: https://www.cfas.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1116&Itemid=686. Accessed on October 26, 2015.
Department of Justice, Canada. Assisted Human Reproduction Act, 2004 c.2. Available at: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/a-13.4/2294.html. Accessed on October 26, 2015.
Canadian Legal Information Institute. Assisted Human Reproduction (Section 8 Consent) Regulations, SOR/2007-137. CanLII. Updated June 14, 2007. Available at: http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/regu/sor-2007-137/latest/sor-2007-137.html. Accessed on October 26, 2015.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: informed choice.in: Research studies of the Royal Commission on New Reproductive Technologies-volume 1: new reproductive technologies: ethical aspects. Minister of Supply and Services, Canada, Ottawa1993: 47-147
- Two models of implementing informed consent.Arch Intern Med. 1988; 148: 1385-1389
- Informed consent: legal theory and clinical practice.ed 2. Oxford University Press, Oxford2001
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Consent to medical treatment. Available at: www.cpso.on.ca/uploadedFiles/policies/policies/policyitems/Consent.pdf. Accessed on October 26, 2015.
- The Canadian law of consent to treatment.ed 3. LexisNexis Butterworths, Toronto2003
- Consent forms as part of the informed consent process: moving away from “medical Miranda.”.Hastings Law J. 2003; 54: 1575-1591
- The parameters of informed consent.Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2004; 102: 225-230
- The patient and practitioner as co-authors of the medical record.Patient Couns Health Educ. 1980; 2: 1-5
- Informed consent: using a structured interview changes patients' attitudes towards informed consent.J Laryngol Otol. 1993; 107: 775-779
- Hospital informed consent for procedure forms: facilitating quality patient-physician interaction.Arch Surg. 2000; 135: 26-33
- Implementing shared decision making: a review of the literature.in: Research studies of the Royal Commission on New Reproductive Technologies-volume 10: treatment of infertility: current practices and psychosocial implications. Minister of Supply and Services, Canada, Ottawa1993: 341-433
- Informed consent: study of quality of information given to participants in a clinical trial.BMJ. 1991; 303: 610-613
- Informed consent: can we educate patients?.J R Coll Surg Edinb. 1990; 35: 308-310
- Informed consent: are we doing enough?.Br J Plast Surg. 1997; : 637-640
- Informed consent for total hip arthroplasty: does a written information sheet improve recall by patients?.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2002; 84: 404-408
- Consent to treatment section of Consent and negligence chapter (loose-leaf revision 238, May 2012).in: Rozovsky L. Rozovsky F.A. Canadian health facilities law guide. LexisNexis, Toronto, ON2012: 1501-1511 (1525–53)
- The fundamentals of consent.in: Downie J.G. Caulfield T.A. Flood C.M. Canadian health law and policy. ed 2. Butterworths, Markham, ON2002: 111-128
Canadian Legal Information Institute. Toews v. Weisner and South Fraser Health Region, BCSC 15. Available at: http://canlii.ca/t/1fm4t. Accessed on October 26, 2015.
- A moral theory of consent.in: Boetzkes E. Waluchow W.J. Readings in health care ethics. Broadview Press, Peterborough, ON2000: 127-137
- Informed decisionmaking in genetic counseling: a dissent to the “wrongful life” debate.Indiana Law J. 1973; 48: 581-604
- Patient-centred infertility care: a qualitative study to listen to the patient's voice.Hum Reprod. 2011; 26: 827-833
- Physicians underestimate the importance of patient-centredness to patients: a discrete choice experiment in fertility care.Hum Reprod. 2011; 26: 584-593
- Are British IVF consent forms adequate?.Bull Med Ethics. 1991; 69: 28-31
- Beyond second opinions: making choices about fertility treatment.University of California Press, Berkeley1998
- Transforming hope: the lived experience of infertile women who terminated treatment after in vitro fertilization failure.J Nurs Res. 2006; 14: 46-54
- Informed consent to donate embryos for research purposes.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2008; 30: 824-836
- Informed consent.in: Downie J. Caulfield T. Flood C. Canadian health law and policy. Butterworths, Markham, ON2002: 129-156
- Free informed consent and in vitro fertilization. Making babies: biomedical technologies, reproductive ethics, and public policy.Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dodrecht, The Netherlands1998: 162-191
- The uninformed conception.New Sci. 1991; 131: 40-41
- Dissing disclosure: just what the doctor ordered.Ariz Law Rev. 2002; 44: 313-371
- Beyond informed consent.Bull World Health Organ. 2004; 82: 771-778
- Informed consent, Israel 2008—is it informed? The case of in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer.Isr Med Assoc J. 2009; 11: 407-410
- Legal and ethical myths about informed consent.Arch Intern Med. 1996; 156: 2521-2526
- Reconceiving the family. The process of consent in medical decisionmaking.Hastings Cent Rep. 1996; 26: 30-37
- Reply to Robertson, Cohen and Hyun - Big bang theory: more reasons to scrap Bush's stem cell policy.Hastings Cent Rep. 2008; 38: 6
Conflicting interests: None declared.