- International differences in the use of obstetric interventions.JAMA. 1990; 263: 3286-3291
- Post caesarean section delivery.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1993; 51: 181-192
Indications for Caesarean section: final statement of the panel of the National Conference on Aspects of Caesarean Birth. Can Med Assoc J 1986;134:1348-52.
- Do Practice Guidelines Guide Practice?.N Engl J Med. 1989; 321: 1306-1311
Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section. SOGC Bulletin, Vol. 8,#1,February1986.
Statistics Canada, Health Reports. 1996;8:17.
- Caesarean section: analysis of the experience before and after the National Consensus Conference on Aspects of Caesarean Birth.Can Med Assoc J. 1993; 148: 1315-1320
- Trial of labor following cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 83: 933-936
- Trial of labor: a disciplined approach to labor management resulting in a high rate of vaginal delivery.Am J Perinatol. 1995; 12: 181-184
- Vaginal birth after cesarean: a 10-year experience.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 84: 255-258
- Factors influencing the practice of vaginal birth after cesarean section.Am J Public Health. 1993; 83: 1104-1108
- 1988: 64 Guidelines for Vaginal Delivery after Cesarean Birth. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee Opinion.
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section: an update on physician trends and patient perceptions.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 6: 417-425
- Vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Clin Perinatol. 1996; 23: 141-153
- Trial of labor or repeated cesarean section. The woman’s choice.Arch Fam Med. 1997; 6: 120-125
- Responses to vaginal birth after cesarean section.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nursing. 1994; 23: 253-259
- Analysis of factors determining the selection of repeated cesarean section or trial of labor in patients with histories of prior cesarean delivery.J Reprod Med. 1993; 38: 289-292
- Latent labor with an unknown uterine scar.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 88: 351-355
- The management of labor in women with more than one uterine scar: is a repeat cesarean section really the only “safe” option?.J Perinat Med. 1994; 22: 13-17
- Planned vaginal delivery after two previous Caesarean sections.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1994; 101: 498-500
- Cervical ripening in women with previous Caesarean deliveries.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1994; 47: 17-21
- Cervical ripening and labor induction after previous cesarean delivery.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 38: 287-292
- SOGC Policy Statement. “Induction of Labour.”.J Soe Obstet Gynaecol Can. 1997; 19: 155-161
- Use of cervical prostaglandin E2 gel in patients with previous cesarean section.Am J Perinatol. 1994; 11: 309-312
- Vaginal delivery of twins after previous cesarean section.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 118-119
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section in twin gestation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 194-198
The Canadian Consensus on Breech Management at Term. J Soe Obstet Gynaecol Can 1994;16:1839-48.
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section: is suspected fetal macrosomia a contraindication?.Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 74: 694-697
- Labour and delivery following previous Caesarean section.in: Chalmers I Enkin M Keirese MJNL Effective Care in Pregnancy and Childbirth. Oxford University Press, Oxford1989: 1196-1215
*Policy Statements: this policy reflects emerging clinical and scientific advances as of the date issued and is subject to change. The information should not be construed as dictating an exclusive course of treatment or procedure to be followed. Local institutions can dictate amendments to these opinions. They should be well documented if modified at the local level. None of the contents may be reproduced in any form without prior written permission of SOGC.